Our parish was formed in July, 1955 to serve the people living in the northern part of Brookfield and the eastern part of LaGrange Park. The cornerstone of our main school building was laid in 1956 (with two later additions to the building in 1960 and 1962) and the cornerstone of our church was laid in 1957. In the summer of 2003, construction began on the latest addition to St. Louise, a 7,800 square foot Parish Center that was completed in May of 2004.

Our founding pastor, Father Cletus Lynch served from 1955 until 1976. Our second pastor was Father Edward Borisewicz serving the people of the St. Louise from 1976 until 1985. Our third pastor, Father John Hergenrother served from 1985 until 1997.  Our fourth pastor Father Fred Tomzik served from 1997 to 2010.  Our fifth and current pastor, Father Denis Condon has served the people of St. Louise de Marillac since September of 2010.

We, as a parish, feel that we have been blessed these years with many generous and involved parishioners, associate pastors, deacons, religious women, lay teachers and catechists, lay ministers, and dedicated support staff. All have worked together to form a spirit of community and family. We pray and hope to continue to support one another on our journey of faith in Jesus Christ and to celebrate who we are as His people in the Catholic Church.